Shop

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Canyon Racing Swag.

It was Friday, and Anthony hit me up, anxious to go race canyons. We've never gone up and raced together before, so we were both pretty amped. We brought along some friends and journeyed out to Turnbull Canyon.

We got to the Circle K and talked about how this was going down. Warren was with us at the time so we were 3 cars deep. Within minutes we found ourselves following each other to the top of the canyon. I was given the honor to lead our downhill race, so I did. We were all running pretty mellow to make sure nothing sketchy was going on.

Warren left, so it was just me and Anthony to be racing. We both went up for one last run before we left, and we made sure to give it our all. We finally got to the top and he had me lead. We both began to go at it and he was keeping up to me in his bone-stock BMW E30! He was going great following me going hard downhill, until I heard extremely loud exhaust bombing down behind me...

I noticed that the lights behind me were brighter and closer to me. I kept checking my rear-view mirror to see if it was still Anthony behind me, but it sure as heck wasn't. All I saw behind me were flip-lights like my car! I really felt the pressure as this mystery car was on my tail! I went from racing hard to pushing myself to max out! I was in the zone blasting through every straightaway and hugging every corner!

At the end of the race, we all pulled up to the Circle K. I finally saw who was behind me. I was being followed by a MX5 [click here to view similar MX5] and the infamous S13; Anthony was behind us. He was overtaken by the 2 experienced canyon runners, of course because they're locals and his car is bone-stock, but he still kept up really good against those guys!

Both Anthony and I are more driven than ever now to work on our cars and skills in the canyons. We both ended the night feeling accomplished. Anthony felt accomplished because he did great running his stock E30 and kept up with locals; all he has to do now is save up for some suspension! I, on the other hand, feel accomplished because I ran my hardest against these locals and gave them no chance to overtake me (which is a big deal in the canyons). We'll definitely be keeping you updated!

Anthony's pride & joy.



- Kelvin "NeedsToStepHisGameUp" G. Santos